UK Tax Trainee (ATT)
We have an exciting opportunity for a new tax trainee/apprentice to join the tax team at our head office in Norwich.
As a trainee tax technician/adviser, you will be working in our UK tax compliance team, undertaking a wide range of tasks alongside studying for a Level 4 ATT with one of our recognised apprenticeship training providers (Kaplan).
You will initially assist with tax return preparation and compliance work for a portfolio of our UK clients and develop your advisory and planning based skills by assisting our more experienced tax professionals and advisers.
You will be encouraged to develop your communication, organisation, planning, teamwork, and adaptability skills working in a busy and proactive tax department.
- Assist with the preparation of personal tax returns and submit to senior/manager for review
- Assist with the preparation of Income and expenditure accounts for sole traders and property portfolio holders and submit to senior/manager for review
- Provide general support to clients via telephone and email
- Build positive relationships with clients in day-to-day work
- Promote the services of the business to clients and potential clients
- Promote and support the use of software to prepare clients ready for making tax digital changes
- Communicate effectively with others in the team
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in order to meet the objectives of the business
- Contribute to team meetings and put forward ideas and feedback in order to improve ways of working
- Liaise with clients, HMRC and third parties where required
- Ensure electronic client files and relevant software is kept up to date
- Returning client records
- Answering the telephone
- Undertake any other tasks that may be reasonably requested
- Expected duration 18 months – 2 years (AAT Level 4)
- Annual leave allowance 21 days + bank holidays
- Flexi working hours – Core hours 9.30am – 4pm
- Minimum entry requirements: 5 GCSEs , 3 A-Levels or equivalent business accountancy or law course and graduaate degrees considered
Working with us
At Farnell Clarke, our people get the very best career opportunities in accountancy. Whether you’re just starting out and you’re looking for an Apprenticeship or Graduate opportunity or you’ve been working in the business for some time, we’ll make sure you get all the support you need to take you to the next step in your career and beyond.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly business that looks after our people and is active in the community. As soon as you join us, you’ll be working hands-on, and starting to build your own professional relationships.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter below.